In recent times, the risk of deportation for undocumented persons in the United States has skyrocketed, thanks to the rise of Cheeto Hitler. HOWEVER, in the wake of Drumpf’s quest for destruction, I’ve decided to release a 101/how to on immigration disruption and deportation resistance.
Direct action is the most important aspect of resistance to fascism. It is important to know your rights and to educated the occupants of your living space on how to protect themselves and their undocumented comrades.
IF YOU ARE LIVING IN A HOUSE/APARTMENT/MOBILE HOME:
- You do NOT have to let the police into your home for ANY reason, unless they have a warrant. If they have a warrant, you can ask them to slide it underneath the door, so that you can check it for validity.
- Create fake documentation for your undocumented comrades. Things like state IDs, licenses, and birth certificates are easy to imitate. If you cannot make them yourself, finding someone who can within radical circles is fairly easy. Be sure to follow protocol so you and your document distributor both know you aren’t dealing with the feds.
IF YOU ARE SQUATTING:
- Make sure to plan an escape route should police ever search any abandoned or unoccupied properties. If the property is unoccupied, and you (for any reason) know the identity of the owner, you could pose as them to ask to see a warrant. If they are searching an unoccupied property, they most likely won’t have it, so you won’t need t let them in or show any identification. In the time it will take them to get an actual warrant, you may use that time to escape.
- Make sure to pick houses with attics. You will need to bring large sized cardboard boxes. Place them around the vacancy and take random positions with the taped side of the box facing up, since it is unlikely that they will check the boxes.
Concealing the identities and hiding the persons of your undocumented comrades is considerably difficult, since they may not have the necessary identification to book hotel rooms, obtain bank account, or secure employment in the United States. Despite this, you can still combat and decrease the risk for deportation.
- ACCESS TO FUNDING: One option for receiving funding is the cash app. They don’t ask for identification, you can use your balance immediately as it’s received, and you can get a cash card so you can have a physical card to spend at stores and restaurants. They don’t have Paypal’s ridiculous security system and you don’t have to worry about being forced to wait 48–72 hours to transfer your balance to a bank account.
- EMPLOYMENT: Craigslist, fiverr, Amazon mechanical turk, and user testing all offer simple and effective ways to obtain some financial stability without having to surrender IDs, social security cards, or other information.
- MOTEL OCCUPATION: Most motels don’t harass you about who you keep in your room, and they don’t scan IDs, so if you don’t have a real one, you could use an imitation ID, or check in as a citizen, and just host your undocumented comrades in the room. Of course, a semi-good alternative is a hostel.